Managing the New Generations
The workplace is changing quickly. Changing technology, new management philosophies and downsizing keeps us hopping, and managing a workforce with so much generational diversity presents its own unique challenges.
Our future depends on managing our workers productively and that depends on understanding who they are, how they think, and what motivates them to perform. How do attitudes and work ethic differ? How do they set goals? How do they define respect, value and motivation? What different management initiatives do we have to employ to hire and retain a productive workforce?
This session explores the different generations, looks at their differences and helps you develop strategies to maximize their productivity so that you can fully engage them to build a profitable and successful culture. You will learn how to better recruit, manage, collaborate and retain employees across multiple generations.
Participants will learn to:
- Understand the motivations of Boomers, Gen Xers and Millenials
- Integrate people of different generations into productive teams
- Adapt their management style to engage their trust
- Communicate effectively with each generational group
- Enhance their state of thinking and acting
- Determine the impact on their organization